Monday 8 February 2021

Gina K Inspiration..

 I may be a bit late to the party, but last year I stumbled across Gina K Designs and her fab Facebook group...she is such an inspirational crafter and so willing to share her knowledge and ideas. She has a love of bold florals, simple designs and some fabulous techniques, plus she has also taught me to embrace black mats, coloured card bases and bold colours!

Although I would love to get my mits on some of her products (I LOVE the Little Love layering stencil) my crafty budget is a little tight at the moment, (partly because I've just treated myself to a couple of things including the fabulous Waffle Flower Birthday sentiment stamp in this card!) so I decided to revisit some of my own designs with a new crafting perspective...
 

For my card I used the Hummingbird image from Animal Antics and the Hibiscus flower digi from Say it with Flowers and coloured them up with my Promarkers - trying to keep to a bolder colour scheme!
 
I inked the background panel with Broken China Distress Oxide and stamped the WISHES sentiment using my Tim Holtz Stamping platform, before fussy cutting the flowers and bird. I raised them up on foam pads along with the large Birthday word stamp and finished off with a touch of glitter and some small pink gems for the flower centres.

I thoroughly enjoyed creating this card and even managed to use some yellow, a colour I always admire on other people's creations but very rarely use myself! It was nice to step out of my comfort zone for a change and I will have some more creations to share soon!
 
Crafty hugs,


No comments: