Wednesday 17 February 2021

Herb card...

 Good afternoon, Blogger buddies! I have a new design which is in holding over at CraftsuPrint and have popped in to share a sample card with you, with full instructions...


I started off by printing the 3 coordinating papers and precoloured topper sheet from my Herb Mini Kit.  I took a Khaki Green piece of cardstock and created a 6x6 card blank, then cut the Herb Heart paper to 14 x 14cm , inked the edges with Iced Spruce Distress Oxide and attached to the card front.

I cut a piece of the Herb Dot to 12 x 5cm, inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, matted onto brown card and then attached to the right hand side of the card front, leaving a small border of green showing.

I cut the image from the sheet and trimmed down to 11 x 8cm, saving the individual pot of basil, labels and butterflies for decoupaging. I cut out the labels and created a slit along the line of the top of the pots using a craft knife, then inserted the labels into their corresponding pots, securing with a small piece of foam pad under the top of each label.

I rounded the bottom corners of the image with a punch and mat this onto a rust coloured layer, then attached towards the bottom centre of the card front.

I cut a piece of the Herb Plaid paper to 14.8 (the width of my card base) x 2.5cm, inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and mat onto dark brown before attaching to the card so that it covered the top edge of the image.

I cut out the individual basil pot and the butterflies, leaving a white border and attached the pot with foam pads and the butterflies with just a dot of glue in the centres so that the wings could be folded upwards.

I cut out the sentiment, inked the edges with Wilted Violet Distress Ink and mat onto lilac card, before attaching to the card using foam pads.

I finished off with some glitter on the flowers and 3 enamel dots in green...

This kit is available exclusively through my Craftsuprint store and I hope to add some more new designs in the near future.

Hugs,



1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love all the papers and herb images
Carol x