Monday 22 February 2021

More koi...

Hello there, crafty friends! The sun is shining and there's a feel of Spring in the air, here in North Wales...long may it continue!

I have been having a play with my Koi digistamp this morning and decided to make a background that was the focal point of the card. So I saved the individual koi digistamp (there's a tutorial on how to do this in the Printing Tutorials tab at the top of my blog page, just under the header) and then imported it into my graphics program before repeating it to create a random background...


I printed it off and cut a 14cm square panel before colouring up with my alcohol markers...I Googled some images to give me some inspiration for colour combinations...


I inked the edges of the panel with Broken China Distress Oxide and mat it onto black before adding a band of the Koi Swirl paper, again mat onto black.

I stamped the Birthday word from my Waffle Flower Birthday Sentiments set onto white card and fussy cut leaving a white border, then attached to the card front using foam pads. I finished the sentiment by stamping the word wishes from the O Christmas Tree Stamp set that came free with SC&P Issue 209.

I highlighted the fish with crystal glitter and then attached the panel to a 6 x 6 inch card blank...

I also created these clean and simple cards using the left over precoloured toppers from my previous card...


https://www.craftsuprint.com/card-making/mini-kits/mini-kits-animals/koi-mini-kit.cfm

I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the sunshine (as our house is east facing) whilst colouring these pretty fishes and hope that you take inspiration from my creations...

Enjoy your day, whatever you're doing and I hope that the sun is shining for you too!

Crafty hugs,



No comments: