Saturday 20 February 2021

Koi...

 Good morning, crafty friends! I have another new design over at craftsuprint.com, featuring koi carp and waterlilies, so thought I would share a sample card for you to case...

I started by printing off the Koi precoloured topper sheet and papers, then took a 5 x 7 inch card blank and attached a piece of the Koi Gingham paper, cut down to 17 x 12cm and edges inked with Cracked Pistachio.

I added a piece of white paper 16 x 11cm, again inking the edges with cracked Pistachio.

Next I cut a piece of the Koi Swirl paper down to 13 x 9cm, inked the edges with Broken China and mat onto a piece of blue paper 13.5 x 9.5cm. I attached this to the card at an angle.

I cut a piece of Koi Dot paper to 2.5cm, inked the edges with Vintage Photo, mat onto brown card and then attached to my card before cutting off the excess.

I cut the Koi Carp image using a circle die, inked the edges with Broken China and mat this onto a slighter larger orange circle. I cut off a small portion of the right hand side of the circle and attached this to my card using foam tape.

I then cut out the individual Koi image and the pebbles, leaving a white border and decoupaged these onto the card using foam pads.

I cut one of the sentiments down, inked the edges with Vintage Photo and mat onto brown card before adding this to my card using foam pads on one end and glue on the end where it sat on top of the circle.

I finished off with a couple of photo corners which was a 2.5cm square cut in half diagonally and then highlighted the fish tail and fins with crystal glitter.

I hope you like my fishy card and will be back shortly with some more inspiration on how to use the other images from the topper sheet...until then...

Crafty hugs,



1 comment:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love all the layers and images
Carol x