Monday 15 February 2021

More flowers and a new technique...

I had a go at making my own layering stencil...yeah, that's harder than I thought?!! My brain couldn't switch off to it needing to be a stencil and everything ended up too spaced apart...I will know for next time that the layers allow things to be closer together and even overlap. 

 


Food for thought and a work in progress, although I did like the individual elements when I cut them out and made this pretty, fresh card with them...

 


I've had this pretty acetate backed fishtail flag hanging around my desk for a while, actually from a festive project I was making and decided to put it to good use! I fussy cut the floral elements, leaving a white border and played around until I was happy with the arrangement. I cut the happy die in black and attached to white before fussy cutting and used the Many Happy Returns stamp that came in the Autumn stamp set of SC & P Issue 208 to create the rest of the sentiment. I also stamped Enjoy your day from the Waffle Flower Happy Birthday Sentiments stamp set...

I have to say, I do still LOVE pastel colour tones and think that this card turned out really fresh and Springlike...back in my comfort zone! 

Thanks for dropping by,



No comments: