Monday 8 September 2014

A Flying Rabbit!...

Good morning, dear Blogging buddies!  How about this?  Three posts in 3 days, anyone would think I was organised?!  I must admit that I had written and scheduled these posts on Saturday whilst I had some free time as hubby was off picking the big man up from Aberystwyth and my little man was busy with his friends, but still, quite an achievement for me these days!

Anywho, I am back to share another fab (in my opinion) new sample using the Plush Pals disc, this time using the sweet Rabbit with Balloons decoupage...
...I love these scene cards and this little bunny was crying out to be floating along in the clouds!  I inked the background with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and I've made a quick cloud stencil (sized for A5 paper landscape) for those of you who aren't brave enough to cut your own!...
...Just print and cut the stencil along one of the cloud lines, place on your paper and lightly ink along the edge of the stencil onto your paper, to create fluffy clouds!
...My Marianne Creatable Circles die came out again for my sun, inked in the die with Mustard Seed DI and again I hand cut some clouds from white cardstock, inked the edges with Stormy Sky and added a touch of crystal glitter for sparkle...
..I printed the decoupage as is and layered using foam pads, embossing the edge of each layer with a large embosing tool to give it more dimension and adding Glossy Accents to the lilac balloon for a bit of shine.  I created the sentiment with my individual letter stamps stamped onto 1cm squares and inked with Stormy Sky and decorated the inside to match by inking the clouds on the top half of the panel and adding a banner with the second half of the sentiment on, which reads '...it's your birthday!'.
I really liked the way this cute little card turned out and it could easily be adapted for any of the characters, maybe with a bit of grass drawn at the bottom.  There's full instructions on how I made it over on my Samples blog.
DON'T FORGET TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN FOR OUR 'BACK TO SCHOOL' CHALLENGE OVER AT PASSION FOR PROMARKERS!

I'd like to enter my card into the followign challenges :
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes

3 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable card Lisa, love the cute design and the great scene you have created with the clouds, it looks so effective and they are the perfect backdrop for flying bunny :) Donna ♥ x

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable Lisa!! Thank you for joining the challenge at Papertake Weekly this week :)

coops said...

so gorgeous lisa.your image is adorable and i love your soft colours and fabulous clouds ;D

xx coops xx