Sunday 7 September 2014

A Lion in a Box!...

Good morning, my lovelies and a Happy Sunday to you all!  Some of you may have notcied this post pop up in your reading list yesterday as Blogger decided that it wasn't going to schedule my post as asked but publish it anyway! I quickly removed the post but it seemed to still  stay in the reading list as a preview!  So here it is in it's entirety...
I'm back again to share another new Plush Pals sample - I'm having so much fun revisiting this disc!  Today, it's the Lion's turn in the spotlight and I made one of my favourite card shapes of the moment, a pop up box card...
...If you would like instructions on how I make my pop up box cards, you can find them HERE., though I used 3 cross bar strips for inside the box.
I used the Lion decoupage, green Elephant Star paper and natural Cat Plaid paper overprinted with the Lion text also in natural...
...I inked a cloudy background for the back panel and a sun cut using the central die from Marianne Design Creatable Circles LR0180, inked whilst still in the die with Mustard Seed DI.  I added some hand cut clouds on acetate strips and glittered the edges with crystal glitter...
I cut some grass by hand and attached to the first crossbar and added some Marianne Design Flower Button leaves cut from Kiwi coloured cardstock.  I attached one of the Lion sentiments that are on the decoupage sheet to the front flap of the box and highlighted the Lion's mane with glitter and his eyes with Glossy Accents.  You can find full written instructions on how I made this card on my Samples Blog HERE.
Hope you like my little Lion in a box and that I've given you inspiration to have a go at one of these fun shaped cards!  I'll be back soon with some more new samples to share and don't forget that there's still time to enter into the 'Back to School' challenge over at Passion for Promarkers this week!
Hugs,

3 comments:

Jane said...

Good morning dear Lisa, Blogger often has a mind of it's own! I am really enjoying seeing you return to your oldest CD images. They are all super cute and this one gorgeous...his mane looks ready to stroke, so much texture. Thanks for your kind comments over at mine. Enjoy your Sunday, hugs xx

Donna Mosley said...

He is just sooooo cute Lisa, love the fab box card too.

Donna x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi, Blogger has been a bit of a nuisance lately for me too :( This is gorgeous, I love the cute 3d lion and your beautiful pop up scene, so lovely.
Lorraine