Saturday 6 September 2014

Back to the beginning...

Good afternoon, lovely Bloggers!  After meeting all the lovely crafters at Leigh last weekend, I thought it was about time that I went back to where it all started and make some new samples with my first ever CD-Rom, Plush Pals!  It was almost 5 years ago now that I designed my first disc and my crafting and crafty stash has changed so much since then that it's almost unrecognisable!  I didn't have any Promarkers, very little in the way of dies, a few embossing folders and I bought my first Distress Ink at my first ever demonstration day!  But I dusted down my CD and printed off some files, only to find that I still really love the designs and that they are still so craftable today, but in my new style!

It was so nice to hear the lovely feedback from people about my samples at the show, but the overwhelming comment was that they couldn't remember what they'd seen or how to go about replicating it when they got home!  Therefore, over the coming weeks, I will be posting various new samples and have started a sister blog where you can hop over and view all my samples in categories for each disc, to give you inspiration and with full written instructions on how I've made them!  I've even given the Print settings and instructions for when printing!

I love to share my passion for papercraft and hope that I can help to inspire others to create pieces that they'll be proud of!

So enough of my waffle and onto my first NEW Plush Pals sample using the ever so sweet Bear image...

...I used the Bear Text paper in pink for the background and Dotty Circle paper in Natural for the bunting.  I rescaled the Bear decoupage to fit the aperture using the Printer Properties and the aperture and sentiment were cut using Spellbinders Labels Eleven...
...I used individual letter stamps to stamp the 'it's a...' and 'girl' and also to add 'congratulations' on the inside.  I added some pretty glitter ribbon to the base and tiny satin ribbon bow to the bear and highlighted the bear's nappy with crystal glitter...
...You can find written instructions on how I made this card on my Samples Blog HERE.

I hope you like my first new sample and that you look forward to seeing more in the future...and don't forget, I'd LOVE to see what you make, so you can always email me a picture or give me a link to your blog post, if you have one!  Well, that's it from me today, I'm off to photograph some more samples ready for posting!
Big crafty hugs,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I have this cd rom, I just love your work, your style and your samples! Soooo delighted you have started a samples blog, it's a fabulous idea, great thinking you! ;) xx

Crafty KJ said...

What a great idea Lisa, to go back to the CD using stash you've accumulated since you designed the CD! We forget sometimes to use things that we've had for a while and use them with some new techniques that we've picked up along the way!
I think this bear is still my favourite lol and I love this card. I think your new blog is a great idea to show samples from all your discs and I'll be looking in on it regularly and digging out all your CD's.
Hugs, Karen xx

Ella's Design said...

Thanks so much, Vicki! I'm really enjoying playing again! x

Ella's Design said...

Thanks, Karen! It is amazing how much my style has changed over the years and I just wanted to go back and make some samples with fresh eyes and I have to say, I'm loving the results! x

Lorraine said...

That is one cute bear! A gorgeous card Lisa.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Lorraine x

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! this is soooooo adorable Lisa, love the very cute bear and your design is, as always, beautiful.

Donna x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I love that cute bear and beautiful design.
It's so great that you have started a blog to display all your samples, your designs are so inspiring.
Hugs Sue xx