Wednesday 17 September 2014

Altered chopping board...

Good afternoon, lovely peeps!  The sun is shining again here in Wales and I'm having a busy time of it, sample making and prepping my stall for the Ross Papercraft Show in Edinburgh, on 27th!  I only have just over a week to get everything organised ready to go and have been having some fun creating some textile and home decor items.  I found an old chopping board from a picnic hamper whilst sorting out my MIL shed (which we demolished and rebuilt a new one on Sunday - that'll keep me fit!) and decided to alter it...
 ...I found this fun saying and used Photoshop to create the word art...now, this could be true of my own cooking at times - more because I try to do ten other things at the same time and often we end up have chargrilled something for tea!  I used the polka dot paper and barbecue and hot dog images from the BBQ jpeg and png folder in A Play on Words and added some charring to the food with a black Promarker!  I cut the flames from yellow card and inked with Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks to get a gradient of colour.  The sentiment panel was inked with Vintage Photo and I added some yellow buttons, ribbon tags and a red string ribbon hanging loop...
...Here's the word art that I created for you to use and I hope my project inspires you to have a go at altering an everday object!
Have a fantastic Wednesday afternoon and I'll be back again soon with some more crafty creations to share...
Hugs,

I'd like to enter my project into the following challenges :
Anything Goes (until 27th)
Sentimental (until 27th)
Anything Goes (until 25th)

11 comments:

Crafty KJ said...

This is great Lisa, a brilliant use for an old chopping board! You've got me looking around now for things to alter, great Christmas presents too me thinks!
Hope the samples are going well for the show, not long now!!
Hugs, Karen xx

Donna Mosley said...

Lisa, this is amazing, you are so creative. Love the images and the fab word art.

Donna x

Jacee said...

How cool, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Ali said...

What a fab idea!!! Such a great layout and sentiment too xxx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Lisa, such a great design and I love the wording - thank you for sharing.
hugs Sue xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a great project, it looks awesome. Thank you for joining in with all of the fun at the Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

Dionne

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a very creative idea to recycle this chopping board, sure to be a hit with your customers at your up-coming craft fair. Love the papers and your word art, you are a very clever lady. Hope everything goes well for the 27th.
Lorraine

Pamellia said...

Oh my word, I can barely type because I'm laughing so hard! Hilarious, I would totally hand that in the yard, it's such an amazing project! That cutting board sure got a great makeover, very creative! love it! :)

Diane said...

What fun text and love the amazing project.

Hugs diane

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Love it ! thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

Granmargaret said...

Thank you so much for this sentiment. It is so me, I am always setting off the smoke alarm. I found it looking for a cooking sentiment on google. I am making a card for the Zuri Artsy blog challenge - in the kitchen.