Tuesday 9 September 2014

On to Christmas!...

Hello, my lovelies!  Hope you're all having a fabulous start to the week and enjoying this spell of fair weather that we're having here in the UK - there's definitely an Autumnal feel in the air, especially in a morning but it's nice to see the sun still shining!  I have now switched over to my Christmas CD, 12 Cards of Christmas and begun to create some new samples for the Edinburgh show on 27th September (it'll be here before I know it!)...So today's project is created from a piece of heavy board (slightly smaller than A4) that came as packaging in a delivery of something or another - I am terrible for stashing bits of packaging, tins and boxes in the thought of altering them at some time!...
...I decided to make a sign to hang in my kitchen at Christmas - I used the Pudding plaid paper to cover the board, gluing it in place then trimming the excess with a craft knife before sanding the edges and inking with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I printed the Pudding dots paper and mounted a panel onto hot pink cardstock.  I then printed the Christmas Cheer Recipe .png file using Windows Photo Viewer and printed it to 13 x 18cm, cut out and mounted onto a dark brown cardstock.  I also printed the pudding, gingerbread man and holly leaf .png files, sized to Wallet (9 to an A4 page)...
...I printed one of the gingerbread man, glittered the icing and added Glossy Accents to his buttons...

...I printed 2 of the pudding images so that I could decoupage the icing layer and heat embossed the base layer with Clear embossing powder to give it shine and printed 2 of the holy leaf sprigs.  I also embossed the holly leaves in the same way, inking with Versamark ink, then sprinkling over Clear embossing powder and heating.
I added some rich satin ribbon over gold cardstock, a few pearls and finished with a pretty lime green hanging loop and bow. 
Well, that's it again from me, I'm off to cut the grass and tidy the garden a bit more before the cold weather appears!  Hope you like my little Christmassy creation and I'll be back soon with some more new samples to share.
Crafty hugs,
I'd like to enter my project into the following challenges :
Anything Goes
Anything Goes optional Add a Button
Anything Goes optional Colour Challenge

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a super wall hanging, that Christmas pud looks fit to eat. I am forever getting told off for 'collecting' boxes and packaging with the same idea as you, to make them in to something pretty, lol. They just don't see the same potential in a Pringles tube as I do that's all.
Lorraine

Lizzy Smith said...

This is lovely! I love that glitter on the frosting!- well I just love glitter on everything. :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers, I hope you join us again . ~Lizzy DT

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! this is so gorgeous Lisa, love it!

Donna x

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely christmas craft project.

Michele.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas project Lisa.
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning lisa.i love the fab verse and your gingerbread man and christmas pudding look good enough to eat ;D

xx coops xx